The College of Education and External Studies (CEES), Makerere University in collaboration with the Global e-Schools and Communities Initiative (GESCI) and the University of Notre Dame’s Global Centre for the Development of the Whole Child (GC-DWC) is conducting a study to internalize and translate the existing learning assessment into policy and practice in Uganda through the Adapting assessment into policy and learning (ADAPT) : Adolescent 21st Century Skills Project.
This research project is working towards achieving the following objectives :
- Generate lessons from past and present national and regional learning assessments and initiatives to enhance national data-driven decision making.
- Build capacity of a dynamic learning community to integrate and assess 21st century skills and support utilisation of learning assessments at the school and sub-national (district/county/region) levels.
- Mobilise policy uptake on the utilization of learning assessments in the education plans, curriculum frameworks and teacher development.
The project launch in Uganda is set to take place at Makerere University from 9 :00 am – 12 :30 pm EAT.
The ADAPT project is funded by the Global partnership for Education (GPE) and the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) under the Knowledge and Innovation Exchange (KIX) program.
Being a hybrid event, participants are requested to register and confirm their mode of participation.
Kindly register here :
For more information:
Samuel Otieno | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: (+254) (0) 723 449 861
Dr. John Mary Mitana | email: email@example.com | Tel: (+256) (0) 772 991 953
Media and Communications Contact
Shaylor Mwanje | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: (+254) (0) 726 165 726
Notes to Editors
- This launch is made possible with the support of the Global Partnership for Education Knowledge & Innovation Exchange (GPE-KIX) and the International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
- Follow the Global e-Schools and Communities Initiative (GESCI) on twitter @GESCI
- Follow Makerere University College of Education and External Studies @MaKCEES
- Follow the Global Center for Development of the Whole Child ,University of Notre Dame @globalcenterWC @NotreDame.